Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life and understandably, you want everything to be perfect!! Wedding planning can be an overwhelming experience but a GOOD wedding planner can take the stress of planning a wedding off of your shoulders. A wedding planner will ensure that your day runs smoothly and should there be any hiccups you won’t even know about it! But how do you know which wedding planner is the right fit?
Here are some tips on how to determine which wedding planner is the right fit for you:
- Determine if their personality fits with yours. A wedding planner could have all the experience in the world, but if their personality doesn’t mesh well with yours, it can lead to problems down the line. Wedding planning should be an enjoyable experience and finding a planner whose personality meshes with yours can ensure that the process is enjoyable.
- Check reviews! Look EVERYWHERE not just on The Knot & Wedding Wire but take a look at their Google listing, their business Facebook page and search in Facebook groups to see what everyone else is saying! If the business and/or planner has negative reviews how are they responding to the feedback they are receiving? Responses to negative reviews should come from a place of empathy and compassion not from a place of defense!
- Understand who will be showing up for your wedding day! Just because you had a consultation with the person whose name is on the business doesn’t necessarily mean that is going to be the person who shows up to support you on your wedding day. Ask if they know who will be assigned and working on your wedding day.
- Confirm their commitment to timely communication. Timely communication can make a massive impact to how you feel through the planning process. Many vendors have a bad habit of delaying how quickly they reply back to their couples and turn things around in a timely fashion. Be sure you receiving commitment from the planner to provide timely communication and you are comfortable with their preferred communication method (phone, zoom, email, text, etc).
- Look for experience and credentials. Wedding planning requires a specific skill set and knowledge that cannot be learned overnight. Look for a planner who has experience and has the proper credentials.
- When meeting with a potential wedding planner, be sure to ask lots of questions about their experience, services, and pricing. And remember if the pricing is too good to be true, it probably is!
In conclusion, hiring a wedding planner is a significant investment that you want to get right. By following the above-mentioned tips, you can find the perfect planner who can help make your dream wedding a reality. A GREAT wedding planner should be experienced, have proper credentials, raving reviews, be available, communicate effectively, and most importantly, have a personality that matches with yours.